Cold Truth began its second summer season in Detroit at the beginning of June, operating from an updated walk-up window behind Trinosophes in Eastern Market. However, on June 14 the operators Timothy Mahoney and Chris Reilly were forced to abruptly shut down after city inspectors informed them they needed to apply for a different license. A week later, the popular soft serve brand confirmed that it would not be returning in the same space, but would be allowed to pop-up within an already licensed restaurant.
Customers will now be able to find vegan tart cherry and vegan chocolate deluxe soft serve alongside dairy lavender and sweet cream flavors beginning at 4:30 p.m. today at the Corktown restaurant. The ice cream brand may introduce vegan ice cream bars later this summer. Cold Truth seems like a natural addition to Grandma Bob’s, which recently began ramping up its vegan menu options.
• Eastern Market Vegan Soft Serve Stand Cold Truth Closes Due to Licensing Issues [ED]
• Vegan Soft Serve Sensation Cold Truth Plans Midtown Ice Cream Parlor [ED]
• Vegan Soft Serve Stand Will Move In Next to Tou & Mai in Cass Corridor [ED]
• All Eater Tracking Coverage [ED]
• Metro Detroit Soft Serve Spots for Sunny Days [ED]