This week has been doozy for weather in Detroit. A massive snowstorm showered the state in several inches of snow on Monday creating a dangerous commute. Hundreds of schools closed due to the inclement weather as polar vortex wind chills dropped temperatures into the negative digits. Fortunately, the weather appears to be lifting finally on Friday, February 1.
Eater has been tracking all the cold weather restaurant and bar closings during Polar Vortex Watch 2019. Many businesses are opting to reopen on Friday, but some are still closed and recovering from building issues like frozen and burst pipes.
Note that this guide is only covering restaurants, bars, and food trucks that are either closed or delayed openings today because of the storm. Know of any other places that are affected by the weather today? Let Eater Detroit know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: Friday, February 1 at 8:46 a.m.
Detroit Restaurants Closed Due to the Winter Storm
- Rogue Estate BBQ is closed all week long due to weather
- Ricewood BBQ in Ann Arbor is closed until Friday, February 1
- Elephant Shack is closed through Saturday, February 2
- Detroit Vegan Soul’s Grandmont-Rosedale location is closed due to issues with pipes and will reopen at noon on Saturday, February 2. The West Village location will reopen for Friday, February 1
- Dilla’s Delights is closed and will resume normal hours on Saturday, February 2
- Common Pub is closed due to an issue with its heating
- Cantoro Trattoria in Canton has canceled dinner service on Friday, February 1 due to issues related to the polar vortex