Southeast Michigan’s popular vegan food truck Shimmy Shack is rolling into a permanent space in Plymouth Township, Metro Times reports. Founder Debra Levantrosser expects the new restaurant at 1440 Sheldon Rd. will arrive this summer complete with 1950s-style decor and plenty of meatless and gluten-free food.
Levantrosser has been on the hunt for a brick-and-mortar location since early 2015, but the plan has evolved since then to include retail space for vegan goods and vintage pop-ups featuring vegan clothing (items made without using furs, wool, silk, or leather).
Shimmy Shack’s food truck menu sticks to vegan versions of American classics like burgers, french fries, chili dogs, and shakes. In addition to the food truck business, the rolling restaurant business also supplies vegan cookies to retail shops around the throughout the metro area including Royal Oak’s Holiday Market and Neu Kombucha in Farmington. The restaurant is expected to debut during the first week of August.
• Vegan Food Truck Shimmy Shack Will Launch a Brick and Mortar Space in August [MT]
• Shimmy Shack Vegan Truck is Seeking a Permanent Place to Shack Up [ED]
• All Shimmy Shack Coverage [ED]
• All Meals on Wheels Coverage [ED]
• All Coming Attractions Coverage [ED]