Detroit’s fast-growing chain Bucharest Grill returned to its roots on Friday with the opening of its downtown location. The restaurant, which got its start as a carryout counter inside the Park Bar, left the city’s arena district more than two years ago much to the disappointment of sports fans and downtown lunch crowds. While owner Bogdan Tarasov opened a galaxy of new locations around the city, he kept an eye on downtown real estate and eventually made a move to buy a building on the border of the evolving entertainment district.
The newly opened Bucharest Grill is located at 436 W. Columbia St. Fittingly the restaurant is also the largest in Bucharest’s fleet with approximately 130 seats and a 24-tap bar — a first for the chain. The restaurant features the Bucharest Grill staples including Bucharest shawarma, falafel wraps, schnitzel plates, and eggplant dip. There’s also a small oven on site, which opens up the possibility for Bucharest to offer late-night pizzas or fresh pita bread.
Photographers Michelle and Chris Gerard visited Bucharest to scope out the new space. Take a peek around the restaurant in the gallery below.
• Bucharest Grill’s Biggest Ever Location Opens Downtown Tonight [ED]
• All Eater Inside Coverage [ED]
• Bucharest Grill Is Returning to Downtown This Summer [ED]
• Bucharest Grill’s Original Park Bar Location Is Relocating in Early 2016 [ED]
• Shawarma Slinger Bucharest Grill Closes Park Bar Location [ED]
• As Bucharest Grill Grows, A Hands-On Approach Maintains Quality [ED]
• All Bucharest Grill Coverage [ED]