Easter is just a few weeks away, but it’s already time to start booking those reservations. People are beginning to snatch up tables at some of the area’s best brunch and dinner destinations. Don’t miss out. Find below a guide to some of the restaurants currently booking seats for April 16.
Eater Detroit will keep the guide regularly updated with more locations as we get farther into chocolate rabbit and egg dying season. Did we miss a spot? Send over the details to email@example.com.
- Grey Ghost (47 E. Watson St.): This Brush Park hotspot will feature a special brunch menu on Easter Sunday with housemade pastries and an entree for $35 per person. A $15 kids menu is available for children under 12. There will be an Easter bunny making the rounds. Details: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for brunch; regular service starts at 4 p.m.; reserve at 313-262-6534 or via OpenTable.
- Gold Cash Gold (2100 Michigan Ave.): Expect seasonal quiche, baked pear french toast, gin-cured lox, pickle juice bloody marys, and Easter egg-themed doughnuts from this Corktown eatery’s Easter brunch menu. Details: 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.; call 313-242-0770 or reserve on OpenTable.
- Vertical (1538 Centre St.): You can bet there will be plenty of wine and cocktails on hand at Vertical Detroit’s Easter brunch. Details: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.; call 313-732-9463.
- La Dolce Vita (17546 Woodward Ave.): One of Detroit’s best brunch spots is accepting reservations for its regular Sunday brunch. Details: Call 313-865-0331.
- Cafe Muse (418 S. Washington Ave.): On Easter Sunday, this Royal Oak eatery is serving up a special brunch buffet. Details: Call 248-544-4749.
- Joe Muer Seafood (400 Renaissance Ctr., Ste 1404): Reserve a spot for brunch at Joe Muer Seafood in the RenCen on Easter Sunday. The menu will feature made-to-order omelettes, eggs benedict, belgian waffles, sushi, Dearborn ham, shrimp cocktail, and more. Details: $47.99 for adults; $19.99 for kids (5 and under eat free); brunch runs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. followed by the regular dinner menu from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.; call 313-567-6837.
- The Whitney (4421 Woodward Ave.): Dine on a three course brunch at Midtown’s iconic restaurant The Whitney. The price of the meal includes a mimosa. The Easter bunny will be visiting tables. Details: $44 for adults; $16 kids menu available for children 10 and under; book a reservation via OpenTable.
- Beau’s Grillery (4108 W. Maple Rd.): Bloomfield Hills eatery Beau’s will serve its regular brunch menu on Easter Sunday including bottomless mimosas, eggs benedict, lemon curd french toast, and more. Details: Call 248-626-2630.
- Union Street (4145 Woodward Ave.): The regular bloody mary bar and brunch await at Union Street in Midtown on Easter Sunday. Details: Call 313-831-3965.
- Bistro 82 (401 S Lafayette Ave., Royal Oak): Recently named Hour Detroit’s Restaurant of the Year, Bistro 82’s brunch is back on for Easter Sunday. Diners can order a variety of items including house pastries, chilled shellfish, brioche french toast, Angus Rerserve NY strip steak and eggs, and more. Details: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; reserve at OpenTable.
- The Morrie (511 S Main St, Royal Oak): Find Nashville hot chicken and waffles, spicy kale shakshuka, and pork belly eggs benedict on the menu during The Morrie’s Sunday brunch. Details: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (regular dinner service to follow); call 248-216-1112.
- The White Horse Inn (1 East High St., Metamora): Wander a little ways into the country for a visit to Metamora’s beautiful White Horse Inn. The restaurant will be serving brunch until 1 p.m. on Easter Sunday. Details: Call 810-678-2276.
- Parc (800 Woodward Ave.): This Campus Martius establishment is accepting reservations for dinner on Easter Sunday. The regular menu will be available with views of the park. Details: Call 313-922-7272 or book on OpenTable.
- The Whitney (4421 Woodward Ave.): Dine on a three course dinner; Details: prices vary based on the choice of entree. (See brunch details above).
- Grey Ghost (See brunch details above)
- Joe Muer Seafood (See brunch details above)
- The Morrie (See brunch details above)
- The White Horse Inn (1 East High St., Metamora): Expect dinner specials such as turkey, prime rib, and ham. (See brunch details above).
- Rock City Eatery is accepting orders for pies. Choose from salted caramel apple, butterscotch bourbon pecan, mixed berry bourbon, cookies and cream, and candy bar pie. Details: Pick up from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. on April 15; $25 per pie; call 313-265-3729 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Morning Glory in Grosse Pointe is accepting orders for Easter pastries and cookies. Custom and large orders require 72 hours notice. Call 313-647-0298.
- Sister Pie is baking up hot cross buns with “booze-soaked currants, citrus zest, and spices” for pre-order. Place orders online or call 313-447-5550 or email@example.com.