More than 30 small businesses have set up shop at sites across downtown Detroit as part of a bigger than ever holiday market. The massive installation, which spans multiple locations, is set to launch on Friday evening during the annual tree lighting ceremony at Campus Martius Park. It runs through January 7.
Among the vendors are roughly a dozen restaurants, cafes, bars, and food-oriented gift shops. At Cadillac Square, neighboring gastropub Central Kitchen + Bar is helming a large beer and wine garden as well as a cocktail and snack bar in a heated tent called the “Cadillac Lodge.” Decked out in carpets and leather couches with giant Jenga, it’s probably nicer than most peoples’ living rooms. The space is flanked by restaurants like the vegan food truck The Nosh Pit and Sha La Cynt popcorn.
Inside the 1001 Woodward building, visitors can find a number of vendors including The Farmer’s Hand. The space also houses a pop-up cafe from Grand Rapids-based Madcap Coffee Company, which in addition to hot beverages is also serving sourdough liege waffles.
Over in Capitol Park, shoppers can find Christmas trees for sale in addition to even more vendors. Eatori Market — only a few steps away from the park — is also operating pop-up bar serving seasonal adult beverages such as hot mulled wine.
Make sure to take a stroll down the Woodward Esplanade to the Spirit of Detroit Plaza, which features desserts, coffee, and inflatable igloo installations.
The festive market spaces were designed by Groundswell Design Group and sponsored by Quicken Loans and Downtown Detroit Partnership. Take a look around the market (get the full tour over at Curbed) and check out the lineup of food and beverage vendors below.
- Detroit City Nut Company: nuts, dried fruit and snacks
- The Nosh Pit Detroit: vegan and vegetarian food truck
- Sweet Arrangements: candy shop specializing in homemade fudge and popcorn
- Sha La Cynt: air popped, vegan and non-GMO popcorn
- ASHE Supply Co.: coffee and accessories
- Central Kitchen + Bar: Beer and wine garden, indoor bar with cocktails and food
1001 Woodward Building
- The Farmer's Hand: all-local, Detroit-based market and cafe
- Chocolates by Renee': chocolates and truffles
- Madcap Coffee Company: coffee and accessories
- Eatori Market Holiday Cafe: hot soups, grilled cheese, and beverages
- Good Cakes and Bakes: baked goods made from organic ingredients
- Detroit Marshmallow Co.:Handmade marshmallows
- New Order Coffee Roasters: small-batch coffee
Visit the website for more info on hours of operation.