1) FARMINGTON — Northville ice cream shop Browndog Creamery has officially expanded to downtown Farmington with a dessert bar that features ice creams, cakes, and other sweets infused with and served alongside booze. Status: Soft open. 33314 Grand River Ave.
2) DOWNTOWN — Detroit’s newest low-key bar hangout is Queens Bar, a project by the people behind Bronx Bar. Located near the Belt Alley and next to the PuppetART Detroit Puppet Theater, Queens features a full bar and a patio seating area. It's expected to offer a full menu in the very near future. Status: Certified open. 35 E. Grand River.
3) NORTHVILLE — Center Street Grille, a new project from the owners of Library Sports Pub & Grille, Ironwood Grill, and Barrio Cocina & Tequileria, recently debuted in Northville. The restaurant serves up burgers, pizza, pastas, and more. Status: Certified open. 135 N. Center St.
4) MEXICANTOWN — El Club, a new music venue on West Vernor Avenue, started slinging Pepe Pizza earlier this month. Status: Soft open. 4114 Vernor Hwy.
5) AVENUE OF FASHION — A corned beef sandwich shop with a cultish following, Mr. Fo-Fo’s Delicatessen, swung open earlier this month on Livernois Avenue. It’s one of a small list of places where you can find corned beef egg rolls. Status: Soft open. 7 Mile and Livernois.