We know you. The procrastinators of the world who only look a few days ahead. We get it. You're busy and frankly it's hard sometimes to make time for restaurant reservations. Perhaps you've let this year's Mother's Day sneak up on you. That's okay. There's still time to snap up a last-minute table for brunch this Sunday, May 8.
- Central Kitchen + Bar: Downtown gastropub Central is serving brunch from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.; Sample dishes: Pork belly hash, burgers, vegetable strata, croque madame. [More info]
- Vertical Detroit: Harmonie Park wine bar Vertical Detroit is serving brunch from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.; Sample dishes: Eggs benedict, crepes, scallops, duck confit sandwiches. [More info]
- Menagerie Kitchen: Pontiac pop-up restaurant Menagerie Kitchen is serving a brunch buffet on Mother's Day that includes many gluten free and vegan options. $25 for adults, $12 for kids ages 4-11, children under 4 eat free; Sample dishes: Beef brisket, spinach mushroom quiche, lox and bagels, and pastries. Bring your own champagne and for $5 sip unlimited mimosas. Call 248-684-1505.
- Michele Bezue Confections: Grosse Pointe Park restaurant and dessert bar Michele Bezue Confections is accepting reservations for Sunday brunch served from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. The cost is $25. [More info]
- Forest: Forest in Birmingham is hosting a three-course prix fixe Mother's Day brunch. $45 per adult, $20 for children under 10; Sample dishes: Farm egg, pastry basket, duck confit, french toast, and seasonal frittatas. [More info]
- Batstone Brewery: Royal Oak's Bastone Brewery is serving a brunch buffet from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. $29 for adults, $25 for adults over 55, $15 for children ages 5-12, children under 5 eat free (alcohol not included); Sample Dishes: House biscuits and pepper gravy, skillet potatoes with cheddar and onions, cod filets, saffron rice with peas and roasted peppers. [More info]
- Marais: Modern French restaurant Marais is hosting a prix-fixe brunch from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday. $38 per person. Sample dishes: chocolate chip creme fraiche pancakes, filet mignon and eggs, lobster omelet with brie. [More info]
- Huron Room: Mexicantown's Great Lakes-inspired restaurant is launching brunch this weekend and taking reservations for two seatings on Mother's Day; Sample items: Hanger steak and eggs, Huevos Rancheros, cured lox, smoked trout omelettes. Call 313-265-3325. [More info]
- Bistro 82: This Royal Oak eatery is bringing back its seasonal brunch from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Mother's Day; Sample items: Jumbo cinnamon rolls, avocado toast, Smore's pancakes, seafood hash, and croque madame. [More info]
- C.A.Y.A. Smokehouse Grill: C.A.Y.A. in Walled Lake is serving a brunch buffet from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday. $24.95 per adult, $19.95 for children under 11; Sample items: Omelettes, eggs Benedict, smoked brisket hash, shrimp cocktail. smoked whitefish, roasted turkey. [More info]
- Terry's Terrace: Terry's in Harrison Township is serving a buffet from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. $21.99 per person; Sample items: Made-to-order omelettes, cinnamon swirl french toast, breakfast burritos. [More info]
- Joe Muer Seafood: Downtown patio favorite Joe Muer Seafood is serving a buffet. $47.99 for adults, $19.99 for kids, children 5 and under eat free; Sample items: omelettes, Belgian waffles, sushi, Dearborn ham, oysters, salmon Wellington. [More info]
- The Rattlesnake Club: Hosting a brunch buffet from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. $39 for adults, $12 kids ages 4-12 (not including tax or gratuity); Sample dishes: made-to-order omletes, prime rib, blueberry-banana pancakes. [More info]
Have intel on another spot taking reservations for Mother's Day? Drop a note in the comments or send a message to the tipline.