In the constant pursuit of ever more shock-worthy ballpark foods, the concessions at Comerica Park today unveiled its upcoming 2016 menu lineup. Among the new recruits is a Brat Pop — a heart attack-inducing, big as your hand, extra salty bratwurst patty, skewered, battered, and fried. Executive chef Mark Szubeczek also showed off new specialty tube meats including The Mac Daddy Dog topped with spiral macaroni and cheese, bacon, and scallions, and a Downtown Dog with smoked pulled pork, fried onions, jalapenos, and barbecue sauce. Balancing the salty, fried novelties, is a sweet (but also deep fried) Oreo. Check out the full list of new recruits below:
- Fried Bologna Sandwich — Fried bologna, grilled banana peppers and onions, served at Section 139.
- Street Nachos — Tortilla chips served with house made queso blanco, fresh pico di gallo, sour cream, and your choice of barbacoa, chicken, or pork carnitas, served in Section 129.
- Deep Fried Oreos — Fried Oreos topped with powdered sugar and chocolate sauce, served in the Big Cat Court, MI State Fair.
- Brat Pop — Brat patty battered, fried, and served on a stick, served in the Big Cat Court, MI State Fair.
- Jumbo Corn Dog — Large deep fried corn dog, served in the Big Cat Court, MI State Fair.
- The Downtown Dog — Natural-casing frank topped with house-smoked pulled pork, crispy onion straws, jalapenos, and sweet barbecue sauce, served in the Big Cat Court, Downtown Area.
- The Mac Daddy Dog — Natural-casing frank topped with house made mac and cheese, bacon bits, and scallions, served in the Big Cat Court, Downtown Area.
- Quesadilla Wrap — Flour tortilla stuffed with chicken, muenster cheese, grilled onions, and grilled peppers (vegetarian option available), served in the Big Cat Court, Mexicantown.
- Corktown Burger — Hand-crafted burger topped with corned beef, kraut, Swiss cheese, and Thousand Island dressing, served in the Big Cat Court, Corktown.
- Smokehouse Burger — Hand crafted burger topped with cheddar cheese, house-smoked pulled pork, crispy onion straws, jalapenos, and barbecue sauce, served in the Big Cat Court, Corktown.
- Smokehouse Fries — French fries topped with cheddar cheese sauce, smoked pulled pork, jalapenos, crispy onion straws, and barbecue sauce, served in the Big Cat Court, Greektown.
- Grecian — French fries topped with tzatziki sauce, diced cucumber, diced tomatoes, olives, feta cheese, and gyro meat, served in the Big Cat Court, Greektown.
- Everything Pretzel Bites — Soft pretzel bites tossed in everything seasoning and served with queso blanco, served at MI Craft.
- The Lenny — Battered pork topped with pepper jack cheese, bacon, jalapenos, pickled red onion, and Dijon mustard and on a sweet and spicy bun, served at MI Craft.
- Gyro — Lamb gyro meet, red onion, diced tomatoes, and tzatziki sauce on pita bread, served in the Big Cat Court, Greektown.
- Pork Rind Nachos — Pork rinds topped with bacon bits, cheese, scallions, and sour cream, served in the Big Cat Court, Midtown.
- Chicken and Waffles — Chicken and Waffles topped with powdered sugar and warm maple syrup, served in the Big Cat Court, Midtown.
Not every new food item is destined to be a homerun with baseball fan like poutine dogs and bacon on a stick. Szubeczek tells Eater that the Bacon and Eggs and Chips 'n' Dip Dog will not be returning this year. Stay tuned for Friday's release of the Comerica Park Stadium Guide.
What are your favorite foods at Comerica Park? What restaurants do you like to eat at before a Tigers game? Let us know in the comments or at the tipline.