1) GROSSE POINTE PARK — Straight from the makers of Detroit Marshmallow Co., Michele Bezue Confections launched over Valentine's Day weekend on Mack Avenue with desserts, coffee, and breakfast treats. Status: Certified Open. 15324 Mack Avenue.
2) ROYAL OAK — Crispelli's, owned by the inventors of Bosco Sticks, has gained fans with it's own brand of gourmet pizza and last week debuted its first standalone bakery, Bread By Crispelli's. The new location offers breads, desserts and pastries. Status: Soft Open. 931 N Maine Street.
3) TROY — Fast-casual sandwich chain Capriotti's first Michigan location swung open last week. The restaurant's signature sandwich, The Bobbie, is made with oven-roasted turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, and mayonnaise. The first 100 people in the door during the February 27 grand opening will receive a free 9-inch sub once a week for a year. Status: Soft Open. 319 E Big Beaver Rd.
4) CANTON — Winner of the James Beard America's Classics award, Al Ameer expanded to a third location last month in the former Ashoka Indian Cuisine space on Haggerty Road. Status: Certified Open. 2100 N Haggerty Rd.
5) FARMINGTON — Vegans and vegetarians have another new option to check out in Farmington. Chive Kitchen debuted in January with a fusion menu featuring Portuguese, Mexican, and American flavors. On Sundays, the restaurant offers brunch from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Status: Certified Open. 33043 Grand River Ave.
6) TROY — Cincinnati-based fast-casual chain Tom + Chee opened its second Michigan location in mid-February with a menu of grilled cheeses, tomato soups, and doughnut grilled cheeses. Status: Soft Open. 307 E Big Beaver Rd.