Entertaining for family and friends around Thanksgiving can be stressful — particularly for all the non-cooks out there. Fortunately, many Detroit-area restaurants and bakeries are ready to take away some of the work. Below find a guide to some of the Thanksgiving takeout options available right now from pies to organic turkeys to full dinner spreads. Keep in mind that many spots do require pre-orders and keep strict cutoff dates to make sure all the orders can be filled on time.
Eater Detroit will be regularly updating the list as new options become available. Email email@example.com if there’s a spot we’ve missed.
- Warda Patisserie (1464 Gratiot Ave, Detroit) — Located inside Trinosophes, Warda Patisserie is accepting online holiday orders for pastries such as dried fruit-salted caramel tarts, Russian honey cake, cheddar-leek quiche, and pear-almond frangipane tarts. Pick up on Wednesday, November 27 from noon to 5 p.m.
- Love’s Custard Pie (Eastern Market) — Popular pie stand Love’s is accepting orders for holiday pies in flavors like chess, pumpkin, vanilla custard, and key lime as well as cheesecake and quiche. Orders must be placed by Sunday, November 24. Call 313-744-4653.
Sister Pie (8066 Kercheval St., Detroit) — Sister Pie is completely sold out for pre-orders but there’s still a chance to pick up pies at the celebrated pastry shop during the week of Thanksgiving. This month’s flavors include apple sage gouda, cranberry crumble, buttermilk pumpkin streusel, and the year-round favorite salted maple. Pick ‘em up first come, first serve during regular business hours.
- April’s Famous Bakes (518 West Huron St., Pontiac) — Choose from options like red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting, peach double crust pie with amaretto, and banana pudding. Orders must be placed by phone at 248-385-3598 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, November 15.
- Good Cakes and Bakes (19363 Livernois Ave, Detroit) — Charming neighborhood bakeshop Good Cakes and Bakes is accepting orders for Thanksgiving desserts. Choices range from pound cakes to layer cakes to dinner rolls and vegan pumpkin pie. Place an order online or call 313-468-9915.
- Grey Ghost (47 Watson St, Detroit) — Brush Park restaurant Grey Ghost is accepting orders for chocolate hazelnut and maple sweet potato pies now through Sunday, November 24. The cost is $35 per pie. Reserve a pie by emailing email@example.com.
- Sweet Potato Sensations (17337 Lahser Rd., Detroit) — This Old Redford restaurant and pastry shop is accepting orders online and by phone (call 313-532-7996) for sweet potato-flavored holiday desserts including cheesecakes, pies, and cookies.
- Achatz Handmade Pie Co. (Multiple metro Detroit locations) — Metro Detroit pie chain Achatz is now accepting online orders for its menu of sweet and savory pies. There’s even a few vegan options. Customers can pick up in-store or arrange to have the pie shipped.
- Rock City Eatery (4216 Woodward Ave, Detroit) — Rock City Eatery is accepting orders for pies. Expect options like chocolate caramel, salted caramel apple, and cranberry white chocolate pistachio pies. Call 313-265-3729.
- Gold Cash Gold (2100 Michigan Ave., Detroit) — Corktown’s Gold Cash Gold is taking orders for pumpkin and Dutch apple pies as well as buttermilk ice cream. Pies are $25 each. Orders by Thursday, November 21 by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for pickup on Wednesday, November 27.
- Lush Yummies Pie Co. (Pop-up in Eastern Market) — Pre-order a Lush Yummies signature lemon butta pie online for pick-up on Tuesday, November 26 or drop in on Wednesday, November 27 for first-come, first-served pies at the Campus Martius pop-up.
- Union Joints (Multiple restaurants) — The team behind spots like Vinsetta Garage and Union Woodshop are offering holiday pies and cakes. Choose from flavors like bourbon pecan pie and pumpkin praline tastee cake. Place orders by Friday, November 22 for pick up on Tuesday, November 26 and Wednesday, November 27 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Call 248-778-3300.
- Cakes & Shakes (13806 Woodward Ave.) — Highland Park bakery Cakes & Shakes is accepting orders for Thanksgiving desserts through Thursday, November 21. Choose from options like German chocolate cake, carrot cake, red velvet, lemon pound cake, peach cobbler, chocolate pecan pie, and sweet potato pie. Call 313-707-0923.
- Ochre Bakery (4884 Grand River Ave., Suite 1B, Detroit) — This Core City cafe and bakery is accepting pre-orders for breads, desserts, and side dishes. Choose from options like sage and rosemary country bread, beet and hazelnut dip, lemon pistachio cake, and apple frangipane galettes. All orders must be submitted through an online form and paid for by Monday, November 25 for pickup during designated hours Tuesday, November 26 through Thursday, November 28.
- Detroit Vegan Soul (19614 Grand River Ave) — Order a vegan Thanksgiving meal for carryout from DVS now through Saturday, Nov 23. Each meal includes a protein — veggie roast or smothered tempeh — a starch, and a vegetable for $30. Order online for pickup from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Tuesday, November 26 or Wednesday, November 27 at the Grand River location.
- Louisiana Creole Gumbo (13505 W. Seven Mile Rd. and 2051 Gratiot Ave. in Detroit) — Detroit classic Louisiana Creole Gumbo is accepting holiday ordersfor items like turkey, ham, roast beef, red beans & rice, seafood creole pasta, and peach cobbler. Call 313-567-1200 to place an order or submit request online.
- Guerrilla Food (17740 Woodward Ave., Detroit) — Catering outfit Guerrilla Food is offering takeout options like pasture-raised turkey with herbs and butter, stuffed squash, mashed potatoes, black eyed peas and greens, german chocolate cake, and cornbread dressing for Thanksgiving. Order a full dinner for $35 or purchase the components a la carte online or call 313-826-1454. Pick up the dishes between 5 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, November 27 at the Pink Flamingo To-Go restaurant.
- CAYA Smokehouse Grill (1403 S. Commerce Rd., Wolverine Lake) — Barbecue restaurant CAYA is offering Thanksgiving to-go meals fit for groups of up to 20 people. The menus include smoked turkey, gravy, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing, green beans, and pumpkin pie. The price ranges from $150 to $300 plus $9 per additional pie depending on the size of the meal package. Orders must be placed by Sunday, November 24 by email at email@example.com or by phone at 248-438-6741 for pick up by 8 p.m. on Wednesday, November 27.
- Big Rock Chophouse (245 South Eton Street, Birmingham) — This Birmingham eatery is bringing back the to-go Turkey Day options for 2019. Pick up an prepped Amish turkey for $300 or a roasted and carved turkey for $350. The meal comes with sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green beans, cranberry relish, gravy, and pumpkin pie — enough to feed 8 to 10 people. Additional sides and desserts are also available for purchase. Order must be placed by 4 p.m. on Friday, November 22. Visit the website to order.
- Zalman’s Deli (39475 Woodward Ave., Bloomfield Hills) — Order Thanksgiving to-go with dishes like green bean casserole with crispy onions, roasted brussels sprouts, honey-glazed carrots, sweet potatoes, sage stuffing, and roast turkey from Zalman’s Deli. The cost is $250 minimum for a meal fit for 10 people (Orders placed before Friday, November 15 are 20 percent-off). Orders by phone at 248-940-2428 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, November 24 for pick up on Wednesday, November 27 or Thursday, November 28 (delivery available).
- Marrow (8044 Kercheval Ave., Detroit) — West Village’s restaurant and butcher shop is taking orders through Friday, November 22 for fresh, non-GMO, pasture-raised Duerksen Turkey Farm turkeys as well as heritage breed, pasture-raised ham, and Three Ponds Farm organic Muscovy ducks. Marrow is also preparing fixin’s like turkey stock, turkey gravy, cranberry relish, and sage sausage stuffing. Call 313-652-0200 or order online.
- Chive Kitchen (33043 Grand River Ave, Farmington) — Vegan restaurant Chive Kitchen is offering meals to-go on Thanksgiving. Customers can place orders online for items like maple seitan, portobello steak, stuffing, and macaroni and cheese through Sunday, November 17 for pick up on Wednesday, November 27 by 8 p.m..
- Slows To-Go (4107 Cass Ave., Detroit) — Slows To-Go is offering Turkey Day meals with smoked boneless turkey, turkey legs, macaroni and cheese, pit smoked beans, sweet potato mash, brown butter green beans, sage and brioche stuffing, cranberry barbecue sauce, and more. Packages start at $140. Place orders by calling 313-309-7560 or online.
- Parks Old-Style Bar B Q (7444 Beaubien St.) — North End barbecue spot Parks is offering barbecued pork and beef ribs and chicken as well as sides like macaroni and cheese, baked beans, green beans, and greens. The restaurant will also barbecue a turkey upon request. Open Wednesday, November 27. Call 313-873-7444.
- Andiamo (Multiple locations) — Andiamo is preparing Thanksgiving meals to feed up to 12 people for $250. The meal includes a 14- to 16-pound turkey rubbed with herb butter, two quarts of gravy, rolls with butter, soup, salad, Italian sausage stuffing, and more. Add a pumpkin pie for $15 or a caramel glazed apple pie for $25. Orders must be placed by Friday, November 22 for pickup noon and 6 p.m. on Wednesday, November 27.