Detroit’s finest breweries are coming together tomorrow, October 20, for a night of epic beer tastings around town (6 to 9 p.m.) known as the Detroit Beer Experiment.
Basically, the Detroit Beer Experiment works like this: Each year, brewers work within a theme to create a new beer. This year’s theme is Beer & Food Pairings, so expect food-inspired beers that have been created with the help of some of Detroit’s finest restaurants and food/beverage purveyors. These brews will all be available at the Detroit Fall Beer Festival, on October 21 & 22, as well.
A taste of what to expect:
- Batch Brewing Company and Bon Bon Bon do a dessert-inspired after-dinner beer called ‘Tres Bon’ (they’ll also do a special beer and bon bon-pairing event on November 21st).
- Brew Detroit has three pairings, a Mystery Beer (sumac wit) for Green Dot Stables, an English Bitter for Huron Room, and an experimental Ponzu Pilsner, brewed with barrel aged fish sauce for Johnny Noodle King.
- Atwater and Slow’s BarBQ offer the Smokebox, a malty smoked ale featuring pilsner malt smoked at Slow’s facility in Midtown.
- Detroit Beer Co and Sweet Potato Sensations do a ‘Sweet Potato Porter’
- Granite City and Anthology Coffee offer a coffee infused lager.
- Motor City Brewing Works and GoGo’s Hawaiian Street food will have ‘Gogo’s Coconut Porter’ featuring roasted coconut.
- Traffic Jam and Snug and Avalon Bakery brew a Carrot Cake Dubbel beer called ‘Don’t Care at All’ inspired by Avalon’s vegan Carrot Cake.