1) GREEKTOWN — The Greektown Casino-Hotel's new Rock Bar & Lounge debuts today, replacing Asteria. The bar will serve cocktails named after Detroit streets and a wide selection of beer. Expect lots of TVs and video poker machines. Status: Opens at 3 p.m. today. 555 E Lafayette St.
2) SHELBY TOWNSHIP — Brooks Brewing opened this month with a 7-barrel production facility and tap room. The brewery currently offers nine beers on tap including a stout, hefeweizen, and imperial IPA. Drop by for a glass, a full flight, or a growler fill. Status: Certified Open. 52033 Van Dyke.
3) ROCHESTER — The newly renovated and rebranded Park 600 Bar + Kitchen opened its doors September 15. The restaurant (formerly the very traditional Brookshire) has a sharp modern look, an approachable menu that still manages to be eclectic, and competitive prices, according to the Detroit Free Press. Status: Certified Open. 600 E. University Drive.
4) DEARBORN — A new frozen yogurt franchise Yogurtopia debuted its first location on Wednesday. The shop — founded by Dearborn native Sam Abbas (also of forthcoming Brome Burgers & Shakes) — offers baked goods, coffee, and crepes in addition to frozen dessert treats. Status: Certified Open. 6901 Schaefer Road.
5) TROY — Berkley's remarkably popular gas station restaurant Mr. Kabob just expanded to a non-gas station local. The Mr. Kabob Xpress menu is slightly tweaked from the original with options like build-your-own bowls and wraps. Status: Certified Open. 2008 W Big Beaver Rd.