Here are a couple picks for Memorial Day Weekend dining. Stay tuned for updates and hit up the tipline with any additional suggestions.
- Rock City Eatery brings back brunch from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. this Sunday.
- Bistro 82's brunch returns Sunday. Check out the menu.
- B. Nektar Meadery will debut new, seasonal brews as well as old favorites at Spring Fest, May 23 from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. in Ferndale. The event features DJ sets and plenty of food trucks.
- Drifter Coffee's launches May 24 from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Woodbridge Community Garden. The Hero or Villain food truck will be on site.
- Motorcity Wine is throwing its annual 4-day party with live music and barbecue by chef John Breeland.
- Parker Street Market is hosting a block party from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday with music, food, and drink. The event will help raise money for the market's expansion project. Donations of any amount include a free beer ticket.
Other ideas for the weekend:
- Explore as many of these patios as you can.
- Out late for Movement? These places have late-night eats.
- Celebrate the long weekend with brunch in Detroit or explore further abroad.
- Try out some new cocktail destinations or go straight for the ice-cold stuff.
- Cross some of Detroit's most essential restaurants off your list or try someplace completely new.
- Find out which burger you should eat right now.
- Do a taco crawl and then find a bar a pitcher of sangria.
- Nurse a hangover with some poutine or a Coney dog.
- Stay caffeinated.
- Traveling? Find good food in Detroit Metropolitan Airport (or any U.S. airport for that matter).
- Hop into the Eater Detroit forum and share your barbecue tips and more.