1) Woodbridge: More than a year after announcing a perspective date for a storefront Pie-Sci location, pizza artists Jeremy Damaske and AJ Manoulia appear to finally be making some progress. A Facebook update shows the pair's big restaurant plans with the promise that construction will start soon.
2) Corktown: Rubbed, the much-anticipated deli, should open its doors any day now. Owner Abbey Markell confirmed with Eater that final health inspections at the shop will be completed by the end of this week making way for some serious sandwich assembling.
3) Downtown: After numerous delays, Top of the Pontch confirmed with Eater that it will officially open tomorrow. Reservations are getting snapped up quick for the upscale eatery located on the 25th floor of Crown Plaza. The restaurant announced four dates in September that are already booked solid. Secure your table here or by calling 313-782-4313.
4) Ferndale: An intriguing coming soon sign recently appeared in the corner suite window of the Ferndale Center Building on Woodward Avenue and 9 Mile advertising the New World Market Cafe. So far there are few clues on what the café will offer, but based on their signage we can assume it will include coffee.
5) Corktown: Ramen enthusiasts who've been chomping at the bit to get a taste of Johnny Noodle King will open tomorrow. The restaurant's temporary business hours are Wednesday-Sunday 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. You can preview the menu here.
—The Plywood Report
· All Plywood Report Coverage [-EDET-]