Culinary icon and commander of a fusion food empire Wolfgang Puck will be in Detroit on Friday for a book signing and special dinner at his MGM Grand restaurants—Wolfgang Puck Pizzeria & Cucina and Wolfgang Puck Steak.
The recently launched his cookbook, Wolfgang Puck Makes it Healthy, which offers more than 100 modified classics and new recipes, as well as a fitness plan created by trainer Chad Waterbury. Detroiters interested in nabbing an autograph copy can visit the Pizzeria & Cucina's patio between 3:30 p.m. and 5 p.m.
The five-course meal takes place from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. at Steak for $150, which includes tax and gratuity as well as a copy of the book. For an additional $50 diners can enjoy an optional wine pairing with their meals.
Here's a preview of what's on the menu:
- Amuse—Roasted Baby Potato with crème fraiche and American sturgeon caviar
- First—Maine Lobster Cocktail with endive, avocado, tarragon and meyer lemon aioli
- Second—Celery Root Agnolotti with perigord black truffles and petite celery greens
- Main—Wagyu Beef Duo: Grilled NY Strip with confit black garlic and Matsutake mushrooms; Braised Short Rib with potato puree and smoked tomato chutney
- Dessert—Caramel Cheesecake with brown butter fuji apple, spice bread and vanilla ice cream
For reservations call: 313-465-1644